The Fitness Industry Technology Council is a group of professionals representing leading companies/organizations in the fitness industry. The council seeks to grow the fitness industry, improve fitness user experience and mature the collection of real-time wellness data through the creation of interoperability standards for technology-based fitness devices.
FIT-C was formed to address the following industry issues:
- Mobilize resources to drive the fitness industry forward
- Develop and promote technology standards for fitness equipment
- Protect the intellectual property of current and prospective participants
- Provide a means for all sectors of the fitness industry to participate
FIT-C is established as a non-profit membership organization.
The Board of Directors of FIT-C is comprised of the following individuals:
- Bryan O’Rourke, Integerus, LLC (President)
- Thomas Blackadar, Fitlinxx Inc (Secretary)
- Paul Lockington, Dynastream Innovations, Inc. (Treasurer)
- Conor Clancy, Intel Corporation
- Marc Farber, ClubCom
- Tapio Kanniainen, Polar Electro Oy